Regarding the recent news...

I just wanted to talk about the recent hike in pharmaceutical drugs that has been attributed to the Standard Corp. A lot of individuals have criticized me personally for the campaign contributions the Standard Corp gave to my campaign.

I have not ever received any campaign contributions from the Standard Corp.

Many have linked these fake campaign contributions to a large grant given to the Standard Corp by the state of Ohio.

I had nothing to do with the distribution of said grant.

That said, I heard your anger and reached out to the CEO of the Standard CEO. I nor conversation, I echoed many of your sentiments. It was with a heavy heart that the Standard Corp had to expand the price so greatly. That said, they do and always will have the following policy in place:

If an individual suffers from a certain ailment and requires one of our resources which they can not pay for, they will provide them with said resource for free. They also provide pharmaceutical drugs to nearly 4 million individuals across the globe for free in developing countries.

They care about their customers and they would never allow anyone to suffer because they can't afford one of their life saving medicines.

They also raised the price to pay for future research and development. The Standard Corp has been at the cutting edge of innovation in medicine and they intend to keep it that way. Other corporations have increased their prices in the past couple months and they had to increase their own to stay competitive.

They've, and I've, been relentlessly harassed in the media and news over this decision. I understand the fervor against me but I think we must remain civil in our discussions or else no clear solution will come.



Location: San Francisco, CA, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment